Remote Job - PhD Scientific Content Writer for a Digital Marketing Agency
Are you a former life science PhD-level scientist interested in business that wants to learn more about content writing for a digital marketing agency while working from home?
Supreme Optimization is looking to hire a full-time scientist who is highly interested in learning content writing for digital marketing. No digital marketing experience required.
At Supreme Optimization, we have a mission to become the #1 provider in the world for Life Science and Pharma digital marketing services and resources. This means delivering high quality digital marketing services to our customers so they can better serve their audience.
Role Title: Scientific Content Writer
Who we're looking for: Hiring a scientist with a PhD degree in the life sciences who is positive, personable, highly organized, proactive, tactful and capable of big picture thinking and wants to write scientific content for marketing purposes.
Mission of the role: Create scientifically accurate content that compels the reader to take action. The reader could be another scientist, an investor, a healthcare professional and, occasionally, a patient.
Scientific Content Writer:
- Lead content strategy for the digital marketing of life science companies
- Write content for multiple marketing purposes including website product pages, white papers, blog posts, landing pages, ebooks, and etc.
- Understand and utilize search engine optimization (SEO) research, strategy, and keywords in content writing
- Critically assess content structure for best performance in digital platform
- Analyze content performance and adjust strategy based on results
- Remain up-to-date on content marketing strategies and best practices
- Learn about clients' scientific products and services
- Strategize content needs of clients
- Write goal-driven content, where the goal could be SEO, lead gen, awareness, or a combination
- Optimize existing content for user engagement and SEO
- Collaborate with SEO and design teams to deliver high quality content
- Lead meetings with clients to get feedback and discuss content ideas, best practices, and deliverables
- Scientific background: Must have scientific background in some form of Life Science field like Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Cellular Biology, etc. NOT Math, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, Astronomy, etc.
- Excellent written skills
- Super organized and dependable
- Easy to get along with
- Ability to implement feedback
- Can work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Meets deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Flexible (sometimes priorities change mid-project)
- Great "people person"
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- Good communicator and listener
- Fluency in English
- Curious and ready to learn
If you are interested in applying for this job, please do the following:
- Submit an email to [email protected] with the subject line "Scientific Content!"
- In blue font, write 2-3 sentences telling us your name, who you are, where you are from, and what you like to do for fun.
- In red font, write a few sentences on why you think you would be a good fit for this job and why you are interested in digital marketing.
- In black font, let us know about your scientific background. Tell us what your PhD is in and your PhD granting institution, what you studied, and what lab experience you have. Discuss any additional experience you have, especially business or technology transfer related.
- In green font, discuss your writing experience and why you're interested in writing scientific content for a digital marketing agency.
- Include a link to your LinkedIn profile and two writing samples (required). You may also include a resume if you'd like.