Located in Rockville, Maryland, Vigene Biosciences provides viral vector-based gene delivery services and products for research and clinical applications. Vigene is ranked 81st on the 2018 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in America.
Vigene needed an eCommerce partner to help them transform their web presence. Previously Vigene customers and employees were dealing with a website that was extremely difficult to use and update. Vigene was and still is experiencing tremendous growth, and the website’s importance cannot be overstated. Internally, it was difficult to update and make changes. Externally, customers couldn’t find what they were looking for, and there was not a thought-out experience that aligned with the customer’s journey. We migrated Vigene to the industry-leading Adobe Magento 2 eCommerce platform and the world-leading WordPress CMS, which made everyone’s lives easier and increased business KPIs.
How We Helped Vigene Migrate to the Industry-leading Adobe Magento 2 eCommerce Platform
- Products were not centrally located and were difficult to find for users
- Poor search functionality
- Unclear what the structure was for product categories
- Difficult to upload products into the backend in an organized manner
- Log in and account functionality did not work
- Cart and checkout functionality was not intuitive or easy to use
- Updating the website was difficult and not user friendly
- Interviewed customers to understand their customer journey, why they chose Vigene over competitors, and what specific issues they faced using the old website.
- Re-worked product category hierarchy and created a new mega menu dropdown with clear category levels
- Created category level landing pages with informative content on each of the main categories
- Created a search listing page with vastly improved filter and search functionality
- Standardized and improved SEO across the entire product database
- Created new product detail pages with clear specifications and size options
- Created a new checkout workflow, improving the UI and backend management of processing orders
- Standardized templates for product uploads, allowing for easy mass uploads onto the website
- Increased organic traffic by 66.41% in the first 90 days
- 30 out of 40 total targeted revenue-driving keywords significantly increased in traffic and rankings within first month.
- Increased search speed
- Increased site speed
- Ability to consistently checkout
- Ability to consistently log in and view account details
- Dramatically increased keyword rankings within the first few weeks of launch
- Improved ability for users to find products through navigation or search
Old Website With Broken Functionality
The old website was causing countless headaches for both customers and Vigene employees.
New Website With Optimized Architecture & Functionality
New menu structure is optimized for both SEO and ease of use for us humans.
Now, the auto-suggest search function helps people find what they’re looking for fast. The login, account, and checkout processes work seamlessly. Not only is the website easier to use, but it’s driving a significant increase in traffic and inquiries.
66.41% increase in organic traffic in the first 90 days
“I was just looking at the August stats from our web traffic and it’s up about 60% compared to last year. We’re certainly having a lot more inquiries.”
– HANNAH HANKINS, Ph.D.
30 out of 40 total targeted revenue-driving keywords significantly increased in traffic and rankings within first month.
“I really liked the responsiveness.”
“I’d send emails to Erik multiple times a day, most days, and he would always respond really quickly. I like the weekly recaps we would have or when we’d have team meetings to go over the plan, what’s been done, what’s going to be done.”
– HANNAH HANKINS, Ph.D. Marketing Manager, VIGENE BIOSCIENCES, INC.
With every project you’ll have a dedicated project manager who keeps the project organized and on track. We were thrilled to work with such a fast growing bioscience company like Viegne. If you’re interested in transforming your digital presence reach out to us today!
Get a Quote or
Ask a Question
Curious about our process or pricing?
Need help getting buy-in?
Contact us right away — we’d love to help.
Let’s take a look at your website together and
figure out your best options for business growth.
Let’s take a look at your website together and figure out your best options for business growth.