THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MARKETING & SALES
Welcome to the conversion optimization portion of this training.
Before we get into the strategies and tactics that are going to produce a high converting website, we’re going to just set the website aside for a second.
First, we’re gonna talk about the fundamental difference between marketing and sales. Now, these terms tend to get used interchangeably, and therefore, we’re not very clear on what they are. So, very simply put:
- Marketing is all about your prospect. Marketing is all about what are the pain points, what are the frustrations and challenges that your prospect is facing. Again, it’s all about them.
- Sales is all about you. Your sales is all about the solution that you offer.
When we think about it that way, it’s very easy to differentiate where we stand with marketing and sales.
So, ideally, what we want to create with the website is, we want to emulate a human interaction: a human dialogue with your best salesperson. Now, the way we want to talk with them is in their own language.
If you can imagine, for a second, your best customer. Unfortunately, your best customer is having the worst day ever. And therefore, they are hanging out at their local pub and they’re speaking to the bartender. They are speaking in the terms that they would speak naturally. They’d say, “I’ve had the worst day, I had to work on this, and then this happened, and then this happened and this happened”
Now, you’re overhearing this dialogue happen. What you don’t want to do in this situation is walk up next to the guy and say, “Hey! I’ve heard you got this problem and I got the solution for ya!”
It comes off as ingenuine and pushy, right?
So instead, the best way to approach them is, you walk up next to them and you say, “I know what you’re going through. I hear you.”
But how do you get to that point? You have to understand what your market is going though. What problems are they facing in their own words, and articulate it back to them.
So, that’s ultimately what we want to create here. And, the way we’re going to do that is we’re gonna go through four separate trainings:
- Assessing Marketplace Sophistication
- Getting Clear on Your Markets Pain – so we can have that genuine dialogue with your customers.
- Defining the Irresistible Hook – that’s going to capture the attention of your best prospect and overcome their objections.
- How to Structure Any Page to Convert
Thank you for joining me again and I look forward to diving to this training with you.